Music

WALT: To compose and create a rap (with beat if possible) about bullying.
The Process:
We looked at what is Hip Hop and the 4 elements of it. We watched some rap videos on bullying. We were given an environmental rap in groups and had to learn and perform it. We looked at how rap is composed, and wrote some rhyming couplets about school. We were given a page of rhyming words that could be used and started the process of creating a rap.


What is Hip Hop made up of? 
Hip Hop is made up of 4 elements, which are rap, break-dancing, D.J's (Disc Jockeys) & Beat-boxing. 


How did I go about achieving this?
I worked with my group and figured out what sounded good together and made up a rap which sounded really good.

What resources were used to help you?
The resources I used were listening to anti-bullying raps which Mr McCallum showed us and I also used a sheet with rhyming words which sounded good in a rap.

Did you go through the process on your own or collaborate with other people?
I worked in a group with two of my classmates.

How did you find the process?
I found the process pretty easy but at times my group and I couldn't think of any words which worked with what we had already wrote.

What did you enjoy most about the process of creating a rap?
The thing I enjoyed the most was reading through the rap and rapping it with my group because it sounded really good and it was a lot of fun.

What might be your next step?

I think my next step is to work on being more confident in front of a crowd and come up with more ideas for words.


Here is my groups rap:
I wake up every morning not wanting to go to school
All the kids tease me and think I'm a fool
Even when things are going wrong I have to be strong
People call me lots of names even though we are the same
Hey Mister Bully hear me plea just for once set me free
Nobody ever lends a hand if only someone would take a stand
I always cry if only someone would hear everyday you make me pay I just want it to go away.

By Sofia 

No comments:

Post a Comment