2017 Athletics Reflection

2017 Athletics Reflection



  1. How well did I use a growth mindset to stay positive when the competition got tough?
I think I used a growth mindset pretty well when things got tough because I kept on persevering in Long Jump since I kept on falling over and getting covered in sawdust but I brushed it off and carried on going.  
  1. Did I manage to achieve my athletics goals and why/why not?
Yes and no, one of my goals was to beat my BP in High Jump which was 1.10 and I bet it by 5 centimetres. Another goal I had was to go to SW Zones which also turned out good and now I am going to the SW Zones for Short Sprints  (60m) and High Jump. A goal I didn’t achieve was to come first in the sprints but I was still proud with what I got in the end.
  1. In what ways did I represent my House well in the competition?
I represented my house (Rimu) by:
  • Cheering them on in the House Relays
  • Wear green to school
  1. What did I do well and how do I know?
I did Short Sprints and High Jump well, the way I know this is because I got into Zones for those two things.
  1. What was challenging and how do I know?
The Long Jump was probably the most challenging because I didn’t really have a technique I used and I kept on get covered in sawdust.
  1. What am I most proud of and why?
I am most proud of beating my High Jump BP because I love High Jump and I have been waiting since last year to try beat my score.

By Sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment